Hello Fintech Friends,
🎙️ This week on our podcast, Helen sits down with Ray and Michael, co-founders of Fintech Fund portfolio co. Opareta., and tries out something new - letting them interview each other. Give it a listen here!
📰 Content Announcement: We’re splitting up this newsletter, which comes out on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, into three separate sections:
You can now choose which of the three you’re subscribed to (as well as unsubscribe from any, if you’re getting too many emails!) on your Account Page.
🎤 For anyone in SF on October 18th, I’ll be speaking about community-driven investing with Gefen Skolnick and Josh Ogundu at TechCrunch Disrupt2022. If you’re coming out, grab a 15% discount on your pass here.
Please find another week of fintech exits and deep reads below.
One connection, unparalleled possibilities. Argyle provides continuous access to payroll, shift, and direct deposit data with a single authentication. Start now to see Argyle in action for free.
Want to sponsor a newsletter? See our sponsorship information here.
Fintech Fund portfolio company EmFi (stealth) is looking for a Technical Product Owner - Payments. This role requires past payments processing experience (PayFac experience is even better!) and the ideal candidate will be fairly technical.
💻 IPOs & SPACs
- Bitcoin Depot, an Atlanta-based provider of cryptocurrency ATMs, struck a deal with the SPAC GSR II Meteora Acquisition Corp to go public at an implied $885 million valuation.
🤝 M&A - Fintech
- Computer Services Inc, a fintech service provider, will be acquired by private equity firm Centerbridge for $1.6 billion.
- A LatAm fintech-on-fintech acquisition: Ecuador’s payments platform Kushki acquired Mexico’s Billpocket to grow in Mexico.
- Constellation, which provides tech-enabled solutions to community banks and credit unions, acquired subscription management solution WalletFi.
- valU, an Egyptian buy-now-pay-later provider, acquired Paynas, a provider of financial services to microbusinesses.
- Crypto exchange giant FTX likely has more large acquisitions coming, due to shoring up its balance sheet for strategic takeovers.
🏦 M&A - Bank and FinServ
- US bulge bracket bank Truist acquired data governance platform Arena.
- The Bank of Cyprus has rejected distressed asset private equity firm Lone Star’s buyout offer of €694 million (the bank currently trades at €524 million).
- Thailand’s Siam Commercial Bank is abandoning it bid to acquire Thai crypto exchange Bitkub for $500 million.
🌎 Fintech Around the World
📚 Deeper Reads & Features
Have a news item for us? Reach out to email@example.com.