The pre-seed and seed valuations are coming down too (TWIF 1/28)
Hello Fintech Friends,
Do you believe in angels?
We hope so, because our editors Julie VerHage-Greenberg and Helen Femi Williams got to sit down with Monica Murthy, FinTech Sales & Partnerships Lead at Alloy, and Jenny Johnston, Investor at Better Tomorrow Ventures, to talk about all things angel investing. Give it a listen here.
For new readers, our show Beyond Two Percent analyzes the critical questions, issues, and dynamics that affect people differently by gender - and the intersection of those dynamics with finance.
👍👎 Have feedback for us? Let us know!
Please find another week of fintech financing events below.
If you’re an early-stage startup founder raising equity or debt, we may be able to help - come check out our fund, The Fintech Fund (including a link to pitch us). Are you a fintech angel investor? Come join our syndicate.
💸 Venture Financing
- GSS, a sanctions screening firm for financial institutions, raised $45 million.
- Inscribe, a fraud detection platform for KYC screening, raised a $25 million Series B.
- PayEm, a reimbursement and spend management platform, raised a $20 million Series A and took out a $200 million credit line.
- Hawk, an anti-money laundering platform for banks, raised a $17 million Series B.
- Method, a provider of embedded fintech to power loan repayment, raised a $16 million Series A.
- Zenfi, a Mexican financial health app, raised $8.5 million.
- Mad Mobile, a mobile payments provider for retail and restaurants, raised $20 million.
- Vartana, a B2B sales financing platform, raised a $12 million Series A.
- iSeller, an Indonesian omnichannel point-of-sale platform, raised a $12 million Series B.
- Foro, a commercial lending platform for small and medium-sized businesses, launched its product from stealth and raised an $8 million Series A.
- Senken, a South African climate finance trading platform, raised $7.5 million.
- Zurp, a fintech platform for creators and their fans, raised a $5 million pre-seed.
- Architect, a crypto trading infrastructure startup founded by the ex-FTX president, raised $5 million.
- Tranch, a buy-now-pay-later platform for businesses, raised $5 million in equity and $95 million in lending debt.
- Asset Reality, a crypto recovery specialist, raised a $4.91 million seed round.
- Sandbar, an anti-money laundering and transaction monitoring software, raised a $4.8 million seed round.
- Grazzy, a digital tipping platform, raised $4.25 million in seed funding.
- Caura, a driving payments app, raised £4 million from Lloyds Bank.
- Ethos Wallet, a crypto wallet, raised a $4.2 million seed round.
- Salv, an EU financial crime-fighting platform, raised a €4 million seed round.
- Keyzy, a UK rent-to-own home property financing startup, raised £3 million.
- Suppli, a credit management provider for the construction industry, raised $3.1 million in seed funding.
- Wafeq, a Dubai accounting and financial compliance startup for the MENA, raised a $3 million seed round.
- Hatchfi, a crypto integration platform, raised a $1.2 million pre-seed.
- Twinco Capital, a fashion supply chain finance provider, raised $12 million in combined equity and debt.
- Pilon, a Singaporean supply chain finance provider, raised $5.2 million in debt and equity.
- Diligend, a due diligence platform for investors, raised an undisclosed amount for its Series A and rebranded to Dasseti.
- Ascendant, a cross-border payments provider, raised an undisclosed amount.
- OpenAsset, a UK digital asset management provider to the architecture, engineering and construction industries, raised an undisclosed amount of growth equity.
- Mobility Market Intelligence, a data and insights provider to the mortgage industry, raised an undisclosed amount in its growth round.
Pssst - if you like early-stage fintech investing, come join our angel syndicate.