Goldman's One Million Black Women launches a $225 million credit facility (TWIF 3/4)
Hello Fintech Friends,
We're coming to Seattle! We'd love to have you join us for our Seattle Happy Hour hosted by Seattle Bank happening on March 30th from 5-730pm PST. Get your ticket here.
Want to join our next one? Drop a line to organizers Cristina and Tori on our team :)
👍👎 Have feedback for us? Let us know!
Please find another week of fintech financing events below.
Scale your tech startup with Paystack. 🚀
We’re here to help you launch quickly, grow and scale your revenue, and rapidly expand across Africa: ✅Discounted access to growth tools and services. ✅Fundraising support, intros to investors, and expert feedback on your funding and accelerator applications. ✅Access to priority technical support. ✅Well-documented APIs to help you build custom payments experiences.
✨ Get started → https://paystack.com/ats
Want to sponsor a newsletter? See our sponsorship information here.
If you’re an early-stage startup founder raising equity or debt, we may be able to help - come check out our fund, The Fintech Fund (including a link to pitch us). Are you a fintech angel investor? Come join our syndicate.
💸 Venture Financing
- Equisoft, an investment software developer, raised $125 million in new equity.
- StudentFinance, a Spanish income share agreement provider for student financing, raised a €39 million Series A.
- Sesamm, a French natural language processing app that helps financial firms adhere to ESG standards, raised €35 million.
- Pagos, a payment intelligence connector to processors like Stripe, Adyen, and Braintree, raised a $34 million Series A.
- Quantifind, an ML financial crime risk management tech provider, raised a $23 million round from backers including Citi.
- Archway, a banking platform for regional and community banks, raised a $15 million Series A.
- Marco, a trade finance platform for small and medium-sized businesses in Latin America, raised $8.3 million in equity funding and a $200 million credit facility.
- Mangrove, an order book for digital asset traders, raised a $7.4 million Series A.
- Vouched, an identity verification startup for financial institutions, raised $6.3 million.
- Spade, a credit card transaction enrichment and categorization platform, raised a $5 million seed round.
- Sora, a credit management and liability optimization as a service startup for financial advisors, raised $3.9 million.
- Zipzero, an app that rewards consumers for sharing receipt data, raised £1 million.
- Pelt8, a Swiss sustainability reporting startup, raised a ₣0.5 million pre-seed.
- SoLo Funds, a community lender to the Black community in the US, added Serena Williams as an investor and passed 1 million users.
- Varo Bank is reportedly raising $50 million at a $1.8 billion valuation, a 28% drop from its last valuation.
- Pennylane, a French accounting software builder, is reportedly raising around $50 million as well.
💵 Debt Financing
- Goldman Sachs’ One Million Black Women initiative partnered with Now to launch a $225 million credit facility for small and historically underserved businesses.
💰 Venture Funds
- Atlanta venture capital firm TTV Capital closed its largest ever fintech fund, at $250 million.
- Republic canceled its $75 million metaverse fund following the current crypto collapse and revised SEC guidance.
Pssst - if you like early-stage fintech investing, come join our angel syndicate.