Hello Fintech Friends,
🏙️🌴PSA: We’ve received 62 applications for our Dubai and Abu Dhabi Fintech Trek in December! We will start sending out invitations to attendees next week, but in the meantime, we would love to get a few more applications from people from diverse and traditionally underrepresented backgrounds at https://thisweekinfintech.com/treks
I started this week thinking, hmm, we may actually have a slow venture week. And how wrong I was; 38 new fintech rounds announced and counting. The market is healthy.
Please find another week of fintech financing events below.
If you’re an early-stage startup founder raising equity or debt, we may be able to help - come check out our fund, The Fintech Fund (including a link to pitch us) and see our primer on how we make introductions to friendly VCs and debt providers.
Are you a fintech angel investor? Come join our syndicate.
Only 6 days left to get your Early Bird ticket to Fintech Meetup on March 19-22, 2023 at Aria, Las Vegas. We’ve got it all: Speakers, Exhibit Hall, and 30,000+ double opt-in onsite meetings. Don’t miss these low rates! Get Ticket Now!
Want to sponsor a newsletter? See our sponsorship information here.
💸 Venture Financing
- Opto, a private market access solution for investment advisors, raised a $145 million Series A.
- AccessFintech, a platform for over 100 banks and exchanges to access and exchange trading data, raised a $60 million Series C.
- Sardine, a fraud prevention provider for cryptocurrency startups, raised a $51.5 million Series B.
- Yellow Card, a pan-African crypto exchange, raised a $40 million Series B.
- Monese, a mobile banking app for immigrants in the UK and Estonia, raised $35 million.
- Scratch Financial, a patient financing platform for healthcare payments, raised a $35 million Series C.
- Ledgy, a cap table and equity management solution for Europe, raised a $22 million Series B.
- Sequence, a UK-based business payments provider, raised a $19 million seed round at a $75 million post-money valuation.
- Noble, an embedded no-code builder of credit cards and buy-now-pay-later tools for businesses, raised a $15 million Series A.
- Inclined, a startup that lends against whole life insurance policies, raised a $15 million Series A.
- Higlobe, an international payment transfer solution, raised $14 million.
- StashAway, a Singaporean digital wealth manager, raised a $12.67 million Series D extension.
- Loctax, a tax management platform for multinationals, raised a $12 million Series A.
- Carats & Cake, a financial services OS for events, raised a $10.6 million Series A.
- Fondue CashBack, a Shopify app that allows merchants to offer cashback, raised $10 million in seed funding.
- Jacobi, a multi-asset portfolio investment technology, raised a $10 million Series A.
- Integral, a real-time finance provider for web3, raised $8.5 million.
- Cheq, a mobile payments platform for restaurants and hospitality, raised an $8 million seed fund.
- Tres, a financial data lake for web3 companies, raised a $7.6 million seed round.
- Nibiru, a crypto derivatives protocol, raised a $7.5 million seed at a $100 million valuation.
- CNote, a tool for investing in fixed-income and time deposit products, raised a $7.25 million Series A.
- Heru, an automated tax filing provider for Mexico, raised a $6 million seed round.
- Sparrow, a financial search engine for student loans, raised a $5.83 million seed round.
- Nilos, a crypto treasury platform for businesses, raised $5.2 million.
- Habito, a UK digital mortgage broker, raised £5 million in funding.
- DolarApp, a crypto-enabled dollar banking app for Mexico, raised $5 million.
- Headquarters, a financial operations and reporting software for web3 companies, raised a $5 million pre-seed.
- Bitgreen, a blockchain layer-1 network for sustainable and green payments, raised $5 million.
- Julaya, an Ivory Coast-based B2B payments provider for Francophone Africa, raised a $5 million Series A.
- Brightflow AI, a small business financial forecasting and cash flow management app, raised a $4 million seed round.
- Binocs, an India-based crypto tax reporting app, raised $4 million.
- Lynk, a closed-loop payments platform to give merchants an alternative to cards, raised a $3 million seed round.
- Portabl, an app for consumers to securely store their financial data, raised a $2.5 million seed round.
- Neem, a Pakistani embedded finance platform for underserved communities, raised a $2.5 million seed.
- Erad, a non-dilutive debt financing platform for businesses in the Middle East, raised a $2.4 million pre-seed.
- Ply, a payment tool for HVAC businesses, raised $1.7 million.
- Finnovate, a wealthtech provider, raised a $1 million pre-Series A.
- FTX, the crypto giant buying other crypto giants, is in talks to raise another $1 billion at its $32 billion valuation.
💰 Venture Funds
- Italian megabank Intesa Sanpaolo raised €250 million for a new venture fund to invest into fintech businesses.
- Singapore’s Arbor Ventures raised $193 million for an early-stage fintech venture fund.