Hello Fintech Friends,
We’re officially sold out of Early GA tickets for the Fintech Formal, fintech’s one and only end-of-year black tie event.
If you haven’t grabbed yours yet, they’re going quickly at https://www.fintechformal.com/rsvp
Check out the recap video below from our 2021 formal, hosted in Central Park’s Boat House.
Want to get involved and promote your brand to 1k+ fintech attendees? Drop us a note at email@example.com.
Please find another week of fintech financing events below.
If you’re an early-stage startup founder raising equity or debt, we may be able to help - come check out our fund, The Fintech Fund (including a link to pitch us) and see our primer on how we make introductions to friendly VCs and debt providers.
Are you a fintech angel investor? Come join our syndicate.
Forward-looking fintech companies are leveraging new architectural patterns to break the false dichotomy between utilizing sensitive customer data and protecting the privacy and trust of their customers. How? By isolating and protecting sensitive data in a Data Privacy Vault. Download the white paper ‘How Fintech Companies Can Break the False Dichotomy of Data Privacy Versus Data Utility’ to learn more about how a data privacy vault can help your company to innovate quickly while protecting data privacy.
Want to sponsor a newsletter? See our sponsorship information here.
💸 Venture Financing
- Payit, a government services payment platform, raised $90 million.
- Parafin, a provider of growth capital to small businesses, raised a $60 million Series B at a $520 million valuation.
- Savana, a builder of financial software for banks and fintechs, raised a $45 million Series A.
- Geopagos, an Argentinian payments infrastructure builder, raised $35 million.
- Grasshopper, a small business-focused neobank and banking-as-a-service provider, raised $30.4 million.
- Mosey, a payroll compliance platform, raised an $18 million Series A.
- Ben, a workplace benefits and payroll platform, raised a $16 million Series A.
- Kompliant, which began as a payments service for medical marijuana but has evolved into a compliance platform, raised a $14 million seed round.
- ZayZoon, a Canadian earned wage access startup, raised $12.5 million.
- Leapfin, a financial data consolidation and reporting tool, raised a $12 million Series A.
- Twid, an Indian startup operating a rewards-based payment platform, raised $12 million.
- OneLoad, a Pakistani non-banking digital payments service for merchants, raised $11 million.
- Mudafy, a real estate brokerage focused on Latin America, raised a $10 million Series A.
- NG.CASH, a Brazilian investment platform, raised a $10 million seed round.
- Nada, builder of a set of real-estate investment products called ‘Cityfunds,’ raised an $8.1 million seed round.
- Kontempo, a Mexican business-to-business buy-now-pay-later startup, raised $6.5 million in equity and $25 million in lending debt.
- Nano, a Vietnamese earned wage access provider, raised $6.4 million in pre-Series A funding.
- Footprint, a bank KYC and identity provider, raised $6 million in seed funding.
- Compliance.ai, a finance and insurance regulatory tech provider, raised $6 million.
- Infima, a predictive tool for fixed-income markets, emerged from stealth with a $5 million seed round.
- Revolv3, a recurring billing platform for merchants, raised a $4.5 million seed.
- Tartan, an Indian payroll management startup, raised $4.5 million.
- MakersHub, a manufacturing cash flow and order management provider, raised a $4.5 million seed round.
- Galoy, which is building bitcoin-native banking software, raised $4 million.
- Debt DAO, a crypto credit protocol, raised a $3.5 million seed round.
- Stackwell, a digital investment provider, raised $3.5 million in seed funding.
- B9, a payroll advance provider to underbanked consumers, raised a $2.6 million seed round.
- Youverify, a Nigerian KYC and identity verification provider for banks and fintechs, raised $2.5 million in seed funding.
- Bluecopa, an Indian finance operations automation platform for high-growth companies, raised $2.3 million.
- Coinfeeds, which is building a Bloomberg-like price tracking product for crypto, raised a $2 million seed round from FTX and Coinbase.
- Ledger, the builder of a crypto hard wallet, is looking to raise $100 million above its last $1.5 billion valuation.
💵 Debt Financing
- Tabby, the Dubai-based buy-now-pay-later provider, raised $150 million in lending capital.
💰 Venture Funds
- Fintech venture capital firm Portage is raising a $1 billion fund focused on late-stage startups.
- Cambrian Ventures, started by Rex Salisbury (a good friend of the publication), raised $20 million for its inaugural fintech fund.