Hello Fintech Friends,
📰 Content Announcement: We’re splitting up this newsletter, which comes out on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, into three separate sections:
You can now choose which of the three you’re subscribed to (as well as unsubscribe from any, if you’re getting too many emails!) on your Account Page.
Please find another week of fintech financing events below.
If you’re an early-stage startup founder raising equity or debt, we may be able to help - come check out our fund, The Fintech Fund (including a link to pitch us) and see our primer on how we make introductions to friendly VCs and debt providers.
Are you a fintech angel investor? Come join our syndicate.
The State of Fraud and AML in 2022 Report is out!
Did you know that 84% of professionals said that identifying new fraud schemes and updating their tech stack is the biggest challenge?!? Learn what over 230 risk and compliance professionals view as the top challenges and key priorities in the next year and how they are using risk and compliance solutions to achieve their goals! Read the report
Want to sponsor a newsletter? See our sponsorship information here.
🚂 UK payments orchestration platform Paytrix is looking for a Back-End Engineer.
💸 Venture Financing
- DANA, an Indonesian digital wallet provider, raised $250 million.
- AtoB, a trucking and fleet payments provider, raised $75 million in new equity at an $800 million valuation and $80 million in lending capital.
- Boulevard, a payments and booking platform for beauty and wellness salons, raised $70 million.
- Super, an alternative to card payments for merchants, raised £22.5 million.
- Jar, an Indian savings app, raised $22.6 million.
- Dezerv, an Indian wealth management startup, raised $21 million.
- Pomelo, an overseas payment provider, raised a $20 million seed round and $50 million in lending debt.
- Agora, a real estate investing platform, raised a $20 million Series A.
- Arc, a neobank for high growth SaaS startup, raised a $20 million Series A.
- FOMO Pay, a Singaporean digital banking provider, raised a $13 million Series A.
- Unstoppable Finance, which is building a decentralized finance wallet for the EU, raised €12.5 million.
- Primitive, a decentralized finance AMM and infrastructure provider, raised a $9 million Series A.
- Rocketplace, an asset management platform for crypto, raised a $9 million Seed III round.
- Highbeam, a neobank for people building e-commerce brands, raised $7 million in seed funding.
- Penfold, a UK digital pension provider, raised a £7 million Series A.
- Ansible, a startup building a blockchain-based payments platform, raised $7 million in seed funding.
- Pastel, a Nigerian bookkeeping platform for merchants, raised a $5.5 million seed round.
- BankiFi, a UK embedded small business banking platform, raised £4 million to expand into the US.
- ClaimLogiq, a healthcare payment integrity platform, raised funding as part of a recap.
💵 Debt Financing
- Blackstone is getting into the startup lending game.
💰 Venture Funds
- Financial Venture Studio closed $40 million for its second fund.
- Global Alternative Investment Management LLC launched a qualified purchaser fintech fund with $1.9 million raised.