Hello Fintech Friends,
We’re excited to share our investment from The Fintech Fund into Modern Life. Life insurance brokerage is a complex and broken business, and Modern Life is improving it for everyone with a simple UI for financial advisors.
Elsewhere, I joined the Bain & Company fintech team on their Deciphered Podcast this week to talk about neobank revenues.
Please find another week of fintech financing events below.
If you’re an early-stage startup founder raising equity or debt, we may be able to help - come check out our fund, The Fintech Fund (including a link to pitch us) and see our primer on how we make introductions to friendly VCs and debt providers.
Are you a fintech angel investor? Come join our syndicate.
Need to get your products to market fast, but troubled by data privacy concerns? As you aim to balance speed and security, don’t lose sight of the most common data privacy pitfalls that can cost fintech companies a fortune to fix. Download the white paper ‘Five Common Data Privacy Pitfalls, and How to Avoid Them’ to learn more about how to prevent data privacy issues before they occur.
Want to sponsor a newsletter? See our sponsorship information here.
😱 Yikes. “About $400 million was invested into fintechs founded or co-founded by women across 20 deals through June, according to an analysis compiled by Innovate Finance. That compares with $1.1 billion invested across 32 deals in the first half of 2021. The amount invested into UK fintechs founded by men rose 40% in the first six months of this year.” (Source)
💸 Venture Financing
- TeamApt, a Nigerian business banking and payments firm, raised $50 million.
- Truework, an income and employment verification platform, raised a $50 million Series C.
- Injective, a smart contracts platform for financial use cases, raised $40 million.
- Ageras, a Danish marketplace for SMB accountants, raised €35 million from CIBC Innovation Banking earmarked specifically for acquisition.
- Finix, a payfac-as-a-service company, raised $30 million in new capital.
- Central Payment, a payments and card issuing provider, raised $30 million in growth equity.
- DD360, a Mexican real estate financing platform, raised $25 million.
- Forage, a payments processor for accepting SNAP EBT (food stamp) payments online, raised a $22 million Series A.
- Modern Life *, a life insurance brokerage for financial advisors, raised a $15 million seed round.
- Farther, a wealth technology provider for high-net-worth individuals, raised a $15 million Series A at a $50 million valuation.
- The Sweat Economy, a “walk to earn” app, raised $13 million.
- Founderpath, a revenue-based financing provider for startups, raised $10 million in equity and $135 million in new debt.
- Zeepay, a UK cross-border payments company, raised a $10 million Series A.5 (?)
- Halliday, a buy-now-pay-later provider for NFTs, raised a $6 million seed round.
- FinanZero, a Brazilian online credit marketplace, raised $4 million.
- Stackwell, a digital investment platform for the black community, raised a $3.5 million seed round.
- Ivella, a savings and investment app for couples, raised a $3 million seed round.
- Old Street Digital, an institutional asset manager, raised £2.8 million in seed funding.
- Appital, a liquidity and price discovery-focused equity marketplace, raised £1.7 million.
- Uellbee, a Mexican personal debt management provider, raised $350,000 in equity and $2 million in lending debt.
- Weltio, an investment marketplace for LatAm, raised funding.
💵 Debt Financing
- Specialist lender to small businesses Capify created a £40 million debt fund for small businesses.
💰 Venture Funds
- A group of UK politicians and fintech operators are forming a £1 billion fintech fund.
- Upper90, an investor that provides credit and equity investments into fintech, raised a $180 million fund.