Hello Fintech Friends,
Please find another week of fintech exits and deep reads below.
If you’re looking to hire from a group of 10,000+ smart, motivated fintech professionals, come pick up a Collective Pass and post a job here.
If you’re looking for your next adventure at one of the best fintech companies, check out the open roles here and sign up to be matched with Fintech companies here!
💻 IPOs & SPACs
- AMTD Digital, a Chinese financial services provider being spun out of parent company AMTD, raised $125 million in its US IPO.
- Whale Point Acquisition Corp. filed for a $150 million IPO to acquire a fintech company.
- Zepz, the UK parent of remittances provider WorldRemit, last valued at $5 billion, is delaying its IPO.
🤝 M&A - Fintech
- SymphonyAI, an enterprise software provider, will acquire NetReveal, a fraud detection platform for financial institutions.
- Australian payments software provider Flywire announced its acquisition of Cohort Go, an international education payments provider for students.
- UK investment manager Oaktree acquired 17Capital, a strategic finance provider to private equity.
- Wealth management platform FNZ acquired New Access, a Benelux private banking technology firm.
🏦 M&A - Bank and FinServ
- The Royal Bank of Canada is exploring a sale of its European custody business.
🌎 Fintech Around the World
A rural banking crisis is brewing in China
Indian Banks are cozying up to the idea of Metaverse
VC investment in Latin America ballooned in 2021. Can it survive the downturn?
Rappi mafia: How a delivery startup took over Colombia’s tech scene
Africa’s mobile money agents face an uncertain future
African FinTechs ‘Least Hit’ by Global Tech Funding Winter, but for How Long?
Is Nairobi ready to become a global financial center?
📚 Deeper Reads & Features
U.S. Fintech & Payments Crash Course
Don’t waste a good crisis: Opportunities for payment fintechs in the current market
What does six months without a central bank governor tell us?
Marqeta and Plaid teaming up is a sign that fintech is maturing.
An Introduction to ACH for Builders
Half a trillion dollars wiped from once high-flying fintechs
The bright side of fintech funding results
How Big Three ratings agency S&P aims to ‘institutionalize’ DeFi
DeFi’s downturn deepens, but protocols with revenue and fee sharing could thrive
Decoding what it means to be truly decentralized.
Let intergenerational wealth bloom
Fintech - Will it replace traditional banks?
Predictably Bad Investments: Evidence from Venture Capitalists
4 Key Opportunities to Leverage in Fintech and Beyond
Long Take: What can the Web3 economy learn from eCommerce and paytech?
Need some valuation eye bleach? Check out a radio station’s 2022 Summer Pet Photo Contest
Have a news item for us? Reach out to email@example.com.