Hello Fintech Friends,
Know anyone who fits the bill? Let us know!
Please find another week of fintech financing events below.
If you’re an early-stage startup founder raising equity or debt, we may be able to help - come check out our fund, The Fintech Fund (including a link to pitch us) and see our primer on how we make introductions to friendly VCs and debt providers.
True or False: Cryptocurrency is untraceable
Not sure? Most folks in the world of crypto aren't either! As regulations and compliance around crypto are constantly evolving. How can crypto companies be prepared for what’s to come? Join our webinar on August 10th @ 10AM PDT to learn from leading industry experts!
Want to sponsor a newsletter? See our sponsorship information here.
💸 Venture Financing
While global fintech funding in H1 ‘22 has tended towards flat or negative compared to prior years, the UK saw a 24% year-on-year increase.
- Casavo, an Italian home buying exchange and financing marketplace, raised €400 million.
- Sanctuary Wealth, a provider of a platform for investment advisors, raised $175 million.
- FPL Technologies, issuer of India’s OneCard credit card, raised a $100 million Series D at a $1.4 billion valuation.
- 5ire, a sustainable blockchain ecosystem, raised a $100 million Series A.
- Wave, a pan-African payments firm, arranged a €90 million investment package from the IFC.
- Fonoa, an Irish tax compliance software, raised a $60 million Series B.
- Stori, a Mexican credit card and banking startup, raised $50 million at a $1 billion+ valuation.
- Smart, a UK retirement investment advisor, raised £40 million.
- Pulley, a cap table and equity management provider, raised a $40 million Series B.
- Zebedee, a payment processor for the gaming industry, raised a $35 million Series B.
- mx51, an acquirer and merchant payment tech provider, raised a $32.5 million Series B.
- Apiture, a developer of front-end software for smaller banks, raised $29 million.
- X1, an income-based credit card provider, raised $25 million after announcing $50 million in monthly transaction volume.
- TomoCredit, an alternative consumer credit card provider, raised $22 million in equity and $100 million in debt.
- Lightyear, a UK investment platform, raised $25 million and launched in 19 countries.
- Canvas Medical, an EMR and medical billing platform, raised a $24 million Series B.
- Meow, a crypto corporate treasury provider, raised $22 million.
- Hero, a French B2B payments provider, raised €12 million.
- Stake, a cash-back for renters platform, raised a $12 million Series A at a $52 million valuation.
- Fairplay, a software to tackle bias in lending decisions, raised a $10 million Series A.
- WeMoney, an Australian personal finance messaging app, raised $7 million.
- Bloom, a Sudanese high-yield savings account and banking provider, raised a $6.5 million seed round.
- Super Mojo, an NFT financing platform, raised a $6 million seed round.
- Here, a fractional investing platform for vacation rentals, raised a $5 million seed round.
- ZKX, a UAE decentralized finance platform, raised a $4.5 million seed.
- Penny, a UK pension management provider, raised £4 million.
- Resolve, a medical billing and payments startup, raised a $3.3 million seed round.
- Ride Capital, a German wealth structuring software for private investors, raised €3 million.
- Nevermined, a Swiss digital asset startup, raised €3 million.
- Atlantic Money, a UK money-transfer startup, raised €2.9 million.
- Arrenda, a Mexican landlord financial services platform, emerged from stealth with a $1.5 million pre-seed and $25 million of lending credit.
- Simpl.rent, a Polish and UK rent payment app, raised $350,000.
- Novel Capital, a revenue-based lender, extended its seed round.
- Igugu Global, an African green finance marketplace, raised an angel round.
- Forteus, a digital asset manager, raised strategic funding from global asset manager Schroders.
- Fidelity Payment Services, an omni-channel payments processor, raised a growth round investment.
- Stripe, the US payments giant, cut its 409a valuation price by 28% from its 2021 high of $95 billion, to make equity cheaper for employees. (The company was trading at prices up to $130 billion in secondary in 2021.)
- Airwallex, the money transmitter, is in talks to raise funding from Visa.
💵 Debt Financing
- Argentine consumer marketplace MercadoLibre received a $233 million warehouse line from Goldman Sachs to expand its lending and credit offerings in Brazil and Mexico.
💰 Venture Funds
- Canada’s Portage Ventures closed a new $655 million fintech venture fund.
- Spurred on by a year of record NFT sales, Christie’s is launching a web3 and fintech venture arm.