Hello Fintech Friends,
Please find another week of fintech exits below.
Fintechs are the hottest targets for fraud. Watch this in-depth chat with fraud experts from Lili Bank and Paypal as they discuss how fintech Risk & Compliance leaders can take control of fraud via building robust fraud management teams through data visibility, empowering risk & compliance professionals with tools, and using automation to proactively stop bad actors.
Want to sponsor a newsletter? See our sponsorship information here.
💻 IPOs & SPACs
- Wentworth Management, a broker-dealer aggregator, will go public through its combination with the Kingswood Acquisition SPAC at a $208 million enterprise valuation.
- Finu, a UK fintech group, listed on the London Stock Exchange’s AIM segment at a valuation of approximately £53 million.
🤝 M&A - Fintech
- Private equity investor First Trust Capital Partners will acquire direct indexing provider Veriti Management.
- Restaurant payments platform Toast will acquire employee scheduling app Sling.
- UK prepaid debit card provider GoHenry acquired French teen banking app Pixpay.
- Private equity firm Strategic Value Partners acquired asset management platform Deucalion.
- Australian buy-now-pay-later provider Zip terminated its proposed merger deal with rival Sezzle.
🏦 M&A - Bank and FinServ
- Kuwait Finance House will acquire Bahrain’s Ahli United Bank for $11.6 billion.
- Bank ING spun out its digital asset custody platform Pyctor to market operator GMEX.
- Investment bank Piper Sandler will acquire tech investment bank DBO Partners.
- Pro-labor president of Mexico, Andres Lopez Obrador, is attempting to block Citibank’s sale of its Banamex unit to avoid mass firings.
- Indonesia’s state-owned Bank Negara Indonesia is considering selling a stake in its life insurance unit.
- Thai bank SCB x PCL is considering selling its $1.5 billion asset management unit.
- Australia and New Zealand Banking Group is in talks to purchase accounting software maker MYOB from private equity firm KKR for over A$4 billion.
🌎 Fintech Around the World
📚 Deeper Reads & Features
Have a news item for us? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.