Hello Fintech Friends,
We published the second edition of This Week in Policy on Wednesday; if you’re ever interested in what’s going on at the intersection of fintech, regulations, public policy, and crypto, give it a read and sign up!
Please find another week of fintech exits below.
No two customers are the same. The way you onboard them shouldn’t be either. The Onfido Real Identity Platform makes it easy to create tailored onboarding experiences. Orchestrate a comprehensive suite of verifications and signals to meet your business’ unique risk, market and regulatory requirements – all in a no-code, drag-and-drop workflow builder. It's identity verification, made simple. Learn more
Want to sponsor a newsletter? See our sponsorship information here.
💻 IPOs & SPACs
- Freightos, a freight booking and embedded payments platform backed by FedEx, will go public through its merger with Gesher Acquisition SPAC, raising $80 million in the process.
🤝 M&A - Fintech
- Japanese financial institution SBI bought a piece of crypto provider Digital Asset to create a ‘smart yen’ programmable currency joint venture.
- Swedish account-to-account payments provider Trustly acquired UK open banking vendor Ecospend.
- Wealth management provider Envestnet acquired digital retirement plan marketplace 401kplans.com.
🏦 M&A - Bank and FinServ
- Financial services institution Franklin Templeton agreed to buy BNY Mellon’s European credit and debt subsidiary, Alcentra, bringing its alternative assets under management to $257 billion.
- Private equity firm Ardian took a controlling stake in French credit brokerage Odealim.
- Barclays is nearing a deal to acquire Blackstone’s mortgage lending platform, Kensington.
- The billionaire Kellner family abandoned plans to conduct a $1.1 billion buyout of Czech bank Moneta.
- Private banking company Julius Baer is selling Swiss wealth management company Fransad Gestion to its own management team.
🌎 Fintech Around the World
📚 Deeper Reads & Features
There is a lot of doom and gloom in the news this week…
But it’s not all bad news!
Have a news item for us? Reach out to email@example.com.