Hello Fintech Friends,
The narrative says “no more money for fintech” but the numbers say 44 new fundraises for almost $1.5 billion this week.
Please find another week of fintech financing events below.
If you’re an early-stage startup founder raising equity or debt, we may be able to help - come check out our fund, The Fintech Fund (including a link to pitch us) and see our primer on how we make introductions to friendly VCs and debt providers.
Are you a fintech angel investor? Come join our syndicate.
Changing regulation, evolving fraud and rising customer expectations have made identity verification complicated. Onfido is making it simple. Our Real Identity Platform makes it easy to orchestrate tailored workflows using a suite of checks and signals – so it’s easy to stay compliant, detect fraud and deliver great customer journeys. Join our webinar to see it in action.
Want to sponsor a newsletter? See our sponsorship information here.
💸 Venture Financing
- Trade Republic, a German tech-enabled stock brokerage, raised €250 million at a €5 billion valuation.
- Backbase, a Dutch builder of banking engagement software, raised €120 million at a €2.6 billion valuation.
- Pintu, an Indonesian digital asset brokerage, raised a $113 million Series B.
- Codat, a UK API platform to connect small businesses with financial institutions, raised $100 million from investors including JP Morgan and Plaid.
- Juni, a Swedish neobank focused on e-commerce businesses, raised a $100 million Series B and $106 million of debt.
- Kushki, an Ecuadorian payments infrastructure builder, raised a $100 million Series B extension at a $1.5 billion valuation.
- Bud, an open banking platform that uses machine learning, raised $80 million.
- Klar, a Mexican neobank, raised $70 million ($90 million?) in venture funding.
- Delphia, a mobile investment platform for retail investors with algorithmic stock-picking, raised a $60 million Series A.
- MidDesk, an automated KYB and underwriting platform, raised a $57 million Series B.
- LHV UK, a UK-based neobank pursuing its license, raised €35 million.
- Euler, a crypto-based money market, raised $32 million by selling governance tokens.
- Fruitful, a financial planning app, raised a $33 million Series A.
- Ethena, a compliance training platform for financial services, raised $30 million.
- Trovata, a builder of automated cash reporting and forecasting, raised $27 million to launch in the UK and Eu.
- Entropy, a decentralized crypto custodian for financial institutions, raised $25 million in seed funding.
- NymCard, a banking as a service provider and card issuer, raised $22.5 million.
- Ledgible, a provider of crypto tax and accounting software, raised a $20 million Series A.
- Skolem, a decentralized finance asset management provider, raised a $20 million Series A.
- Defacto, a French B2B lending platform, raised €15 million.
- Finch, the builder of an API for payroll and HR systems, raised a $15 million Series A.
- Summer, a platform for financing second homes, raised $13.4 million in seed funding.
- Valkyrie Investments, an investment manager for digital assets, raised $11.15 million in funding from banks including BNY Mellon.
- SecureSave, an emergency savings app from Suze Orman, raised $11 million.
- Cryptio, a digital asset back-office platform, raised a $10 million Series A.
- Decimal, an accounting automation software, raised $9.22 million.
- Mash, a payments service built on bitcoin’s lightning network, raised $6 million in seed funding.
- Request Finance, a crypto payments startup, raised a $5.5 million seed.
- Front, an investment management app, added $5.5 million to its seed round.
- Ivella, an app that creates split accounts with one debit card for couples, raised $3.5 million.
- Proper, a financial data integrity ledger and reconciliation tool, raised $4.3 million in seed funding.
- Datia, an ESG data workflow solution for investing, raised $3.4 million.
- PayShepherd, a contractor billing solution for construction, raised $3 million.
- Indicina, a Nigerian business-to-customer credit solution, raised $3 million.
- Geode Finance, a defi yield-bearing token solution for DAOs, raised $3 million in seed funding.
- Lumiant, a wealth manager client advice and engagement platform, raised $3 million.
- Fung, a Dutch app for unifying crypto and fiat payment rails, raised a $2.7 million seed.
- Klasha, a Nigerian startup focused on cross-border e-commerce payment, raised $2.1 million.
- FinTech Wales, a fintech non-profit member association, raised £1.6 million.
- Finclusion Group, a pan-African neobank, raised $20 million in combined debt and equity.
- Digiseq, a tokenized wearable payments receiver, raised strategic funding.
- Zumo, a crypto decarbonization service, raised UK government funding.
- BlockFi, a crypto lending and savings provider, is raising funding at a $1 billion valuation, down from $3 billion.
- Zipmex, a Southeast Asian crypto exchange, will raise funding from Coinbase at a $400 million valuation.