Hello Fintech Friends,
In spite of the swoon in late-stage tech valuations, 32 fintech companies announced fundraises this week - with 10 of them over $100 million.
Want to write for This Week in Fintech? Reach out to our Editor Sophie Vo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us and our partner Crescent in Austin for the Consensus Conference on June 9th! (tickets here)
Please find another week of fintech financing events below.
If you’re an early-stage startup founder raising equity or debt, we may be able to help - come check out our fund, The Fintech Fund (including a link to pitch us) and see our primer on how we make introductions to friendly VCs and debt providers.
Are you a fintech angel investor? Come join our syndicate.
Did you know that FTX US lets you schedule regular buys directly from your bank account, whenever you want? Daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, you pick the cadence for your portfolio. The best part? FTX offers some of the lowest fees on the market. There are no fixed minimum fees on transactions, and no ACH transaction fees whatsoever. Sleep easy at night by automating your investments with FTX today!
Want to sponsor a newsletter? See our sponsorship information here.
Fintech Meetup is looking for an SVP, Head of Content.
Women-founded startups in Latin America raised $4 billion in 2021.
April fintech funding hit a 12-month low.
💸 Venture Financing
- Paddle, a billing automation tool for software products, raised $200 million at a $1.4 billion valuation.
- Habi, which provides financial services and a brokerage to Colombian homebuyers, raised a $200 million Series C at a $1 billion valuation.
- Neo Financial, a Canadian neobank, raised $185 million at a $1 billion valuation and reached 1 million customers.
- Chainalysis, a crypto forensics provider, raised $170 million at an $8.6 billion valuation.
- KuCoin, a southeast Asian crypto exchange, raised a $150 million pre-Series B at a $10 billion valuation.
- Opn, a Japanese digital payments processor, raised a $120 million Series C+ at a $1 billion valuation.
- Dock, which is building financial infrastructure in Brazil, raised $110 million at a $1 billion valuation.
- Interswitch, an African payments provider, raised $110 million at a $1 billion valuation.
- TIFIN, an investing platform, raised a $109 million Series D at an $842 million valuation.
- Talos, an institutional digital asset trading platform, raised a $105 million Series B at a $1.25 billion valuation.
- Mashgin, a touchless self checkout provider, raised a $62.5 million Series B at a $1.5 billion valuation.
- Paymob, an Egyptian digital merchant payments platform, raised a $50 million Series B.
- BVNK, a banking services provider for crypto companies, raised a $40 million Series A.
- Token.io, a European open banking account-to-account payment provider, raised $40 million.
- Jambo, a Congo-based web3 app providing access to play-to-earn games, raised $30 million.
- Oasis Pro, a trading system for digital assets, raised a $27 million Series A.
- Infinicept, an embedded payments provider, raised $23 million.
- MARA, a pan-African crypto exchange, raised $23 million.
- Tumelo, a UK shareholder voting app, raised a $19 million Series A.
- Altro, a platform that lets users build credit by paying their subscriptions, raised an $18 million Series A.
- Ness, an app to reward users for healthy financial behavior, raised a $15.5 million seed round.
- Cushion, a bank and credit card fee negotiation provider, raised a $12 million Series A.
- Crowdz, a blockchain-powered invoice financing marketplace, raised $10 million.
- Elucidate, a German financial crime risk management platform, raised $8 million.
- Meld, a full fintech-stack-as-a-service platform, raised an $8 million seed and came out of stealth.
- Paper, a payments processing platform for onboarding users into NFTS, raised a $7.3 million seed and $2 million angel round.
- Sudozi, a software to automate finance team workflows and improve spend decisions, raised a $4.3 million seed round.
- Assetplus, an Indian financial advisor and mutual fund platform, raised a $3.6 million seed round.
- Identitypass, an African identity verification API for financial products, raised a $2.8 million seed round.
- Luxus, an investment platform for rare gems, raised a $2.5 million pre-seed.
- SaaScada, a native core banking platform provider, raised £2.5 million in seed funding.
- Spades, a UAE-based restaurant bill payment app, raised $2.5 million.
💰 Venture Funds
- UK-based Fasanara Capital raised a $350 million fund to invest exclusively into fintech.