Hello Fintech Friends,
We’re excited to announce the addition of Helen Femi Williams to the team to run our podcast and audio content! Helen brings a wealth of experience to the team from her work as a journalist at Lendit Fintech and the host of her own podcast, Let’s Get Litical.
Ever wanted to be a guest on a This Week in Fintech podcast? Reach out! firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find another week of fintech exits below.
💻 IPOs & SPACs
- Crypto exchange Blockchain.com is prepping for an IPO at a $14 billion valuation.
- Chenghe Acquisition, a SPAC targeting fintech in Asia, priced a $100 million IPO.
🤝 M&A - Fintech
- Payroc, a payment processor, acquired omnichannel ISV payment solution provider Worldnet.
- UK financial services group Britannia acquired cryptocurrency trading firm Alphaplate.
- NFT marketplace Opensea acquired Gem, an NFT aggregation service.
- Cross-border money movement platform Nium acquired Socash, a Singaporean alternative payments network.
- Signicat, a Norwegian identity and KYC provider, acquired fraud detection platform Sphonic.
- Private equity firm Nexa Equity acquired Choice, a global payments platform.
- Cennox, an ATM provider, acquired a group of Dutch cash-out companies: Lincsafe, Merlin, Cashtester and Secusystems.
🏦 M&A - Bank and FinServ
- Private equity firm Annaly Capital is selling its middle market lending portfolio to fund Ares for $2.4 billion.
- Japanese banking conglomerate Sumitomo is looking to acquire a stake in investment bank Marathon Capital.
🌎 Fintech Around the World
📚 Deeper Reads
Have a news item for us? Reach out to email@example.com.