Hello Fintech Friends,
If you’re thinking about your next role and adventure in fintech, we’re here to help! Come join our talent network.
Please find another week of fintech financing events below.
If you’re an early-stage startup founder raising equity or debt, we may be able to help - come check out our fund, The Fintech Fund (including a link to pitch us) and see our primer on how we make introductions to friendly VCs and debt providers.
Are you a fintech angel investor? Come join our syndicate.
From the conflict in Ukraine to the fall of Afghanistan, economic and financial sanctions have never played a greater role in Western statecraft. This report is an essential read for anyone working in anti-money laundering compliance, exploring what the evolving use of sanctions means for businesses, and how to ensure compliance.
💸 Venture Financing
- TaxFix, a German mobile tax-filing app, raised $220 million at a $1 billion valuation.
- Oyster, an employment platform that provides payroll services, raised a $150 million Series C at a $1 billion valuation.
- Starling Bank, a UK neobank, raised £130.5 million from existing investors at a £2.5 billion valuation.
- TheGuarantors, a financial and insurance product builder for renters and landlords, raised a $50 million Series C.
- 0x Labs, a decentralized exchange protocol and infrastructure builder, raised a $70 million Series B.
- Eurora, an Estonian company building cross-border payments compliance for e-commerce, raised a $40 million Series A.
- Spruce, a decentralized financial identity startup, raised a $34 million Series A.
- Copper, a teen banking app, raised $29 million and announced it had reached 800k users.
- Minka, a Colombian payments infrastructure startup, raised $24 million.
- Kard, a customizable credit card rewards program provider, raised a $23 million Series A.
- Cogni, a lifestyle-focused neobank, raised $23 million and pivoted to crypto.
- Previse, a UK business financing startup, raised (is raising?) a $10.4 million Series B at a $90 million valuation.
- Justifi, a fintech orchestration layer for vertical SaaS, raised a $10.6 million seed round.
- Crowdz, a SaaS receivables platform, raised $10 million, including from Citi.
- Afriex, a Nigerian blockchain-based payments platform, raised $10 million.
- Zenda, a UAE startup to enable parental payment of school bills, raised $9.4 million in seed funding.
- Vertex Protocol, a decentralized foreign exchange trading platform, raised an $8.5 million seed round.
- HomePace, a home financing equity exchange, raised a $7 million Series A.
- Rain, a corporate card for DAOs, raised a $6 million seed round.
- Tonic, a decentralized finance protocol built on NEAR, raised $5 million.
- JustiFi, an embedded finance platform for vertical software-as-a-service companies, raised $4 million in seed funding.
- Streamlined, an invoicing and payments startup, raised a $3 million seed and $1 million pre-seed.
- OneVest, a Canadian wealth management platform, raised CAD$5 million.
- Volume, a one-click e-commerce checkout startup, raised $2.4 million.
- Carbon Collective, a climate investing app, raised a $2.2 million seed round.
- CharityVest, a charity payment app, raised a $2.2 million seed extension and launched an ETF product.
- PayByCar, a mobile car payments company, raised a seed round.
- Laboremus, a credit onboarding app in Uganda, raised a seed round.
💰 Venture Funds
- Creator financial tooling platform Creative Juice launched a $50 million creator fund.
- BBVA Bank announced a $20 million investment in clean energy VC Lowercarbon Capital.