Hello Fintech Friends,
If you haven’t had a chance to share feedback, we would still love your podcast suggestions :)
Also - what new city should we throw an event in?
Please find another week of fintech exits below.
No–code fintech app builder - an easy embedded finance strategy for marketplaces. Why do payouts via PayPal or bank accounts, when you could do payouts to your own branded app? Save on payout fees, open new revenue streams and retain customers better. Go live in a matter of days! Learn more.
Want to sponsor a newsletter? See our sponsorship information here.
If you’re looking for your next adventure at one of the best fintech companies, check out the open roles here!
The UK is anticipating more fintech and fintech/big tech consolidation in the near future.
🤝 M&A - Fintech
- Corporate spend management fintech Brex acquired Pry Financials, a financial planning software builder, for $90 million.
- PayU, a “PayPal for emerging markets,” expanded into Latin America through its acquisition of Colombian mobile payments platform Ding and $46 million investment into fintech superapp Treinta.
- WonderFi, a Canadian crypto ecosystem, continued its acquisition spree with a $30.6 million purchase of crypto trading platform Coinberry.
- Singaporean cross-border payments provider Thunes acquired a majority stake in anti-money laundering solution Tookitaki for $20 million.
- Robinhood, the US zero-commission investment platform, acquired UK digital money and cryptocurrency provider Ziglu.
- Chinese payments giant Ant Group announced its acquisition of Singaporean merchant payments platform 2C2P.
- Orion, a wealthtech builder for financial advisors, will acquire RedTail, a financial advisor CRM.
- Insightsoftware, a reporting and analytics software provider, acquired Legerity, a cloud-based accounting software.
- Versapay, an accounts receivable provider, acquired AR automation platform DadeSystems.
- Mypinpad, a Welsh payments acceptance and authentication service, will merge with SmartPesa, a Singaporean agency banking solution.
🏦 M&A - Bank and FinServ
- First Abu Dhabi Bank withdrew its offer for a controlling stake in Egyptian investment bank EFG Hermes.
🌎 Fintech Around the World
📚 Deeper Reads
Have a news item for us? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.