Hello Fintech Friends,
We’re looking for a Summer MBA Associate to join The Fintech Fund!
If you want experience interfacing with early-stage fintech founders and working on fund formation, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Please find another week of fintech financing events below.
If you’re an early-stage startup founder raising equity or debt, we may be able to help - come check out our fund, The Fintech Fund (including a link to pitch us) and see our primer on how we make introductions to friendly VCs and debt providers.
Are you a fintech angel investor? Come join our syndicate.
Featured Role: Ellis is building the All-in-One Platform for International Students. They are hiring a Software Engineer for New York or remote.
If you’re looking for your next adventure at one of the best fintech companies, check out the open roles here!
According to CB Insights, fintech funding saw its largest quarterly drop (-18%) in Q1 ‘22 since 2018.
💸 Venture Financing
- Coda Payments, a Singapore-based platform for monetizing content, raised $690 million in funding.
- FOODICS, a Saudi firm which provides restaurant payments and PoS software, raised $170 million.
- CoinDCX, an Indian crypto exchange, raised $135 million at a $2.15 billion valuation.
- Fi, an Indian neobank, is raising $100 million at a $700 million valuation.
- Seon, a Hungarian financial fraud prevention platform, raised $94 million.
- JULO, an Indonesian credit provider, raised $80 million.
- Kinara Capital, an Indian small business financial services app, raised $50 million.
- FundGuard, an AI-powered investment management app, raised a $40 million Series B.
- Financepeer, an Indian education-focused fintech company, raised a $31 million Series B.
- Welcome Tech, which is building a US-based financial superapp for immigrants, raised $30 million.
- Super Payments, a UK startup that plans to challenge Mastercard and Visa, raised $30 million.
- Itilite, an Indian travel expense reporting software, raised $29 million.
- Fasset, a digital asset gateway expanding into Indonesia and Pakistan, raised a $22 million Series A.
- Stem, a music distribution and payments company, raised $20 million from investors including Block.
- Context, which allows web3 users to monitor crypto wallets and payments, raised a $19.5 million seed round.
- NovoPayment, a banking-as-a-service startup based in Miami, raised a $19 million Series A - its first venture round in 15 years.
- Basis Theory, a tokenization platform for sensitive financial data, raised $17 million.
- Pillar, a platform for providing credit to migrants, raised a €15.6 million pre-seed.
- Abhi, a Pakistani financial wellness platform, raised a $17 million Series A.
- Union54, a Zambian platform for card issuance, raised a $12 million seed extension.
- Themis *, a compliance platform for bank and fintech partnership management, raised a $9 million seed round.
- Bastion, a lending product for the NEAR stablecoin, raised a $9 million Series A.
- Sika, a platform for purchases via health savings accounts, raised $6.2 million.
- Ellis, a neobank for international students, raised a $5.6 million seed round.
- Qonto, a French small business banking app, raised €5 million via crowdfunding.
- MetaLend, an NFT lending platform, raised $5 million in seed funding.
- Archa, an Australian business credit card issuer, raised $4 million in funding and $20 million in lending debt.
- Hedge, an interest-free lending app built on Solana, raised $3.7 million.
- Sawa Credit, a community debt-servicing technology, raised a $3 million seed.
- RociFi Labs, an on-chain defi credit scoring provider, raised $2.7 million.
- Superjoi, a creator fan-financing platform, raised a $2.5 million pre-seed.
- Qualpay, a cloud-based payment gateway, raised strategic financing from Synovus Bank.
- Blockfi, a crypto lending and savings startup, is getting ready for a new round of funding.
💵 Debt Financing
- QuadFi, a Canadian personal loan platform, raised $100 million in lending debt.