Hello Fintech Friends,
If you’re looking for your next role in fintech, these would be incredible founding teams to join.
If you’re building something interesting that we should know about, drop us a line!
Please find another week of fintech financing events below.
If you’re an early-stage startup founder raising equity or debt, we may be able to help - come check out our fund, The Fintech Fund (including a link to pitch us) and see our primer on how we make introductions to friendly VCs and debt providers.
Are you a fintech angel investor? Come join our syndicate.
FTX offers a variety of asset classes, with a pretty big one *cough* stocks *cough* coming soon! The best part? FTX has some of the lowest fees on the market, so you can worry less about your transaction costs, and more about investing in the best assets.
Want to sponsor a newsletter? See our sponsorship information here.
Featured Role: Braid is hiring a Full Stack Software Engineer. Building mortgage lending into your product is incredibly difficult. Braid is building infrastructure to make building an integrated mortgage experience easier.
If you’re looking for your next adventure at one of the best fintech companies, check out the open roles here!
💸 Venture Financing
- Circle, builder of a treasury infrastructure stablecoin, raised $400 million from Blackrock, Fidelity, and others.
- Voyager Innovations, the builder of the Philippines’ Paymaya payment app and Maya Bank neobank, raised $210 million at a $1.4 billion valuation.
- Kpler, a data provider to commodities traders, raised $200 million.
- IMMO, a UK-based residential investment platform, raised a $75 million Series B.
- BloXroute, which builds decentralized finance trading infrastructure, raised a $70 million Series B.
- Wagestream, a UK real-time payroll app, raised a $60 million Series C and $115 million in lending debt.
- Proxymity, a digital communications tool for investors, raised a $52 million Series B.
- Stenn, a UK small business financing platform, raised $50 million at a $900 million valuation.
- SmartHop, which is mainly a trucking route optimization startup but also offers a fuel card (and labels itself a fintech as such), raised a $30 million Series B.
- Carmoola, a UK auto financing startup, raised £27 million.
- Zevoy, a Finnish corporate expense management provider, raised €15 million.
- Truora, a Latin American KYC + ID provider, raised $15 million from BBVA bank.
- Umba, a Nigerian digital banking app, raised a $15 million Series A.
- Re:cap, a German platform to provide revenue-based financing to businesses, raised $15 million.
- Beam Impact, an app that converts interchange from purchases into charitable donations, raised a $13.3 million Series A.
- Montonio, an Estonian payment and checkout solution for online merchants, raised an €11 million Series A.
- Unifimoney, a wealth management service, raised a $10 million seed round.
- Leatherback, a UK cross-border payments startup, raised a $10 million pre-seed.
- Payaut, a European automated payment provider for online platforms and marketplaces, raised an €8 million seed round.
- Formations, a CFO-as-a-service app for freelancers, raised an $8 million Series A.
- Coinpanion, an Austrian crypto investing startup, raised €5.5 million.
- Splitero, a home equity financing startup, raised a $5.8 million seed.
- Winden, a neobank for entrepreneurs and business owners, raised $5.3 million in seed funding.
- Ugami, a debit card and financial solution for gamers, raised a $4.8 million seed round.
- Reputation DAO, a reputation service for using decentralized finance, raised $4.75 million.
- Loop, which is building recurring payments tools for crypto transactions, raised a $4 million seed.
- Ghost Financial, a financing provider to ghost kitchens and restaurants, raised a $2.5 million pre-seed.
- GoSolo, a UK banking app for international entrepreneurs, raised £800,000.
- OnLadder, a UK homebuying startup, raised a £275,000 angel round.
- Aladin Bank, a Singaporean neobank, raised strategic funding from ZA Tech.
- Coda Payments, a Singaporean payments company, is reportedly raising funds at a $2.5 billion valuation.
- Moonpay’s formerly-announced investment round includes Bruce Willis, Drake, Justin Bieber, and Paris Hilton.
- Mosambee, an Indian end-to-end payment app, raised funding from fintech Pine Labs.
- PayArc, a merchant payment processing service, raised strategic private equity funding.
💵 Debt Financing
- Nubank secured a $650 million credit line to help it expand into Colombia and Mexico.
- EU e-commerce lender RITMO raised a $200 million debt facility.
- Zvilo, a Balkan short-term business working capital startup, raised a €50 million debt facility.
- Asaak, a Ugandan motorcycle financing startup, raised $20 million in debt (including from portfolio company Goldfinch *).
💰 Venture Funds