Hello Fintech Friends,
I noted a week ago that it was the busiest week for fintech fundings I’d seen since I started writing this, at 33 fundraises. This week, we passed that with 39.
Please find another week of financings and transactions below.
Editor’s Note: If you’re an early-stage startup founder raising equity or a debt facility, I may be able to help - reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fintech Meetup is reinventing networking! No keynotes or sessions -- we cut straight to the most valuable part: building connections with other fintech professionals. We’re scheduling 10,000+ 15-min online meetings so you can meet new people. Qualifying banks & credit unions can join free. June 15-17. Get your ticket now.
💸 Venture Financing
- Feedzai raised a $200 million Series D at a $1 billion valuation to continue building out its AML and financial fraud ID tool.
- Jumio raised $150 million for its financial fraud ID platform.
- Crypto infrastructure provider Fireblocks is now targeting banks to provide them with crypto services, and raised a $133 million Series C to do so.
- Accounting software firm Pilot raised $100 million at a $1.2 billion valuation.
- Airwallex, a cross-border payments firm, raised a $100 million Series D extension at a $2.6 billion valuation.
- UK-based payments provider PPRO extended its latest round with another $90 million.
- KOHO Financial, a Canadian neobank, raised a $70 million Series C.
- KreditBee, an Indian fintech lending platform, raised a $70 million Series C.
- Freetrade, a UK stockbroker app, raised a $69 million Series B.
- Greenwood, the neobank for communities of color, raised a $40 million Series A.
- Vórtx, a Brazilian fund manager service provider, raised a $35 million Series B.
- Rupeek, an Indian gold-based lending platform, started its Series E fundraise with $33 million.
- VoxSmart, a financial market communications surveillance platform, raised $25 million.
- Incode, an ID verification platform for financial services institutions, raised a $25 million Series A.
- Maxwell, a digital mortgage platform for lenders, raised a $16.3 million Series B.
- Middesk, a KYB business ID verification startup, raised a $16 million Series A.
- Pluang, an Indonesian savings and investment app, raised a $20 million pre-Series B.
- UK peer-to-peer lender Zopa raised £20 million following the launch of its neobank.
- Polly, a mortgage SaaS platform, raised a $15 million Series A.
- Meniga, a UK provider of software to banks, raised €10 million.
- LenderClose, a home equity lending platform, raised a $10 million Series B.
- Lev, a financing platform for real estate transactions, raised a $10 million seed round.
- Leaf Trade, a payments platform bringing banking services to the cannabis market, raised a $5.5 million Series A.
- Swedish fintech Zaver raised $5 million to bring cardless buy-now-pay-later to offline, hard goods purchases.
- Creative Juice raised $5 million to build a similar platform to Stir for creators.
- Fraud-detection-as-a-service platform Sardine raised a $4.6 million seed round.
- FlexxPay raised $4.5 million to give Saudi workers early access to their payroll.
- Rupifi, an Indian financing platform for SMBs, raised $4.1 million in pre-Series A funding.
- Enthuse raised a £3.5 million Series A to build a philanthropic donation payments platform.
- Baubap, a Mexican mobile lender, raised a $3 million growth round.
- Osu, a payments app for self-employed workers, raised a £2.25 million seed round.
- Bankly, a Nigerian startup digitizing payments for unbanked consumers, raised $2 million from backers including Flutterwave.
- Vest raised a $1.75 million pre-seed to build savings and investment services for Mexican consumers.
- Afriex raised a $1.2 million seed round to build a remittance platform for Africa.
- Jeff raised $1 million to build unbanked consumer alternative credit scoring for fintechs in Southeast Asia.
- Sivo raised $5 million to build a debt-as-a-service platform.
- Brick, an Indonesian open banking fintech API, raised a seed round.
- Flux raised a $77,000 pre-seed to build crypto remittances for Africa.
- Turkish payment processing fintech DgPays raised money from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and Goldman Sachs.
☯️ Exits and M&A
- Robinhood filed confidentially for IPO, and is planning to let its users participate.
- AvidXchange, a small business payments automation platform, is prepping for a Q2 US IPO that could value the company at $7 billion.
- Indian payments platform MobiKwik is targeting a Q3 IPO that could value the business at $700 million.
- French CRM Quadient acquired accounting orchestration layer Beanworks for €70 million.
- US options exchange operator Cboe Global Markets acquired Chi-X Asia Pacific to expand its markets into Japan and Australia.
- CashRich, an Indian wealthtech company, acquired roboadvisor WealthApp's mutual fund distribution business.
- Private equity firm Thoma Bravo is acquiring cross-asset financial markets software Calypso.
- Dutch stock exchange Euronext is divesting asset manager platform Centevo to Profile Software.
- UK payroll platform Wagestream acquired its Australian counterpart Earnd from the collapsed Greensill.
- ID authentication platform Prove acquired fintech insights and alerts platform Medici Global.
- The UK’s Competition and Markets Authority has blocked Crowdcube’s proposed merger with Seedrs.
- The Bank of East Asia is selling its life insurance unit to AIA Group for $653 million.
- Wells Fargo agreed to sell its corporate trust services to Computershare.
- Spain’s Banco Santander agreed to buy the 8.3% stake in its Mexican unit that it doesn’t currently own.
- Greece’s National Bank sold its insurance unit to private equity group CVC Capital.
- Fintech investment bank FT Partners raised a $500 million SPAC to pursue a financial services target.