Hello Fintech Friends,
If you missed it, we now feature all our international sections in the main newsletter!
- Michael on fintech in the UK and Europe
- Christine on fintech in Latin America
- Osborne on fintech in India and Asia
- Ben on fintech Policy
Please find another week of fintech financings and exits below.
Whoever you need to meet, you’ll find them at Fintech Meetup! Join 30,000+ double opt-in online meetings--it’s the easiest way to meet Fintechs, Banks, Credit Unions, Community Banks, Investors, Networks, Solution Providers, Tech cos, Retailers & Merchants and many others. Create the leads, deals, partnerships and funding your business needs in 2022! Online, March 22-24. Get Your Ticket
Want to sponsor a newsletter? See our sponsorship information here.
💼 Open Role Spotlight
Come find your place on the team at the most inspiring fintech startups! Browse open roles on This Week in Fintech’s job board.
💸 Venture Financing
- NYDIG, which provides bitcoin and crypto services to financial institutions, raised $1 billion at a $7 billion valuation.
- Anchorage Digital, a crypto custody provider for banks, raised a $350 million Series D at a $3 billion valuation.
- Aspiration, the sustainability-focused neobank, raised $315 million ahead of its pending SPAC.
- Tyme, a South African digital bank, raised a $180 million Series B.
- Open Co, a Brazilian consumer credit provider (general credit card interest rates neared 300% in Brazil), raised $115 million.
- Ledn, which provides digital asset savings and a crypto-backed mortgage, raised a $70 million Series B.
- Taxdoo, a German provider of financial and tax compliance tools for businesses, raised a $64 million Series B.
- Clarity AI, which provides sustainability capital allocation software, raised $50 million at a $450 million valuation.
- Ramp, a UK crypto infrastructure and on / off-ramp, raised a $52.7 million Series A.
- Mesh Payments, a corporate credit card and payments provider, raised a $50 million Series B.
- Papaya, a mobile bill payment tool, raised a $50 million Series B.
- Flip, an Indonesian money transfer platform, raised a $48 million Series B.
- Stocktwits, a social platform for investors, raised a $30 million Series B at a $210 million valuation.
- Staircase, a mortgage marketplace, raised an $18 million Series A.
- Silverflow, a Dutch payment processing startup, raised a $17 million Series A.
- iDonate, a digital payments platform for charities, raised a $15.2 million Series B.
- Stark Bank, a Brazilian neobank for enterprise accounts, raised $13 million.
- Bumper, a UK auto lender, raised $12 million Series A.
- CreditBook, a Pakistani small business banking platform, raised an $11 million pre-Series A.
- Quo, a mortgage qualification startup, raised a $7.2 million seed round.
- Level, a flexible credit service for independent contractors, raised $7 million.
- JustiFi, a fintech orchestration platform, raised a $6.6 million seed round.
- Instant Factoring, a Romanian microfinance lender, raised €6.3 million.
- Factor, a supply chain payment and order management platform, raised $6 million in seed funding.
- Haystacks, a data aggregation platform for real estate investment underwriting, raised a $5 million seed.
- topi, a B2B payment startup, raised a $4.5 million pre-seed.
- Whym, a conversational checkout solution, raised a $4.3 million seed round.
- Router Protocol, a cross-chain defi order routing solution, raised $4.1 million.
- Sperta, a fintech fraud and risk management service, raised $3 million in seed funding.
- Tractiv, a data distribution and monitoring platform for open banking, raised $2.25 million in seed funding.
- Re:cap, a German revenue-based financing platform, closed a $111.5 million round comprised of seed funding and lending capital.
- Transflo, which builds payment tools for the transport sector, raised funding.
- FNZ, a digital wealth management platform, is in talks to raise up to $1 billion.
💰 Venture Funds
- Anthemis, a women-led fintech venture fund, raised $700 million to invest in embedded finance.
Private equity exit trends over the last 20 years. (Source)
💻 IPOs & SPACs
- Justworks, which provides employee payroll, benefits, and HR services, filed for IPO.
- The Fintech Acquisition Corp VI SPAC is looking into bringing African telco Econet Global public.
- Rezolve, a UK e-commerce platform that is… now billing itself as a mobile payments platform… will go public at a $2 billion valuation through a combination with Armada Acquisition Corp. I.
(Source: Emily Man / Redpoint / Bloomberg)
🤝 M&A - Fintech
- Orix, a Japanese financial services group, is selling its accounting software Yayoi to KKR for $2.1 billion.
- Private equity firm Parthenon Capital will buy credit rating agency Kroll for $900 million.
- Payment transmitter MoneyGram received a buyout offer around its $700 million market cap from private equity shop Madison Dearborn.
- Financial services marketplace MoneyLion, which has an $880 million market cap, will acquire Even Financial for $440 million.
- Ebanx, a Brazilian payments provider, acquired money transfer firm Remessa Online for $229 million.
- UK small business lender OakNorth is acquiring cashflow forecasting app Fluidly.
- Payments enablement firm Flywire announced that it will acquire UK secure payment software WPM.
- Robinhood acquired cross-exchange crypto trading platform Cove Markets.
- Investment platform TIFIN acquired financial education platform Investors Alley.
🏦 M&A - Bank and FinServ
- Citizens Financial Group, a New York-based bank, will acquire tech investment bank DH Capital.
- Atlanta bank Ameris Bancorp will buy fintech lender Balboa Capital.
- Bank of Montreal is interested in buying BNP Paribas’ US arm.
🌎 Fintech Around the World
📚 Deeper Reads
U.S. Soldier Seeking Help to Get Abandoned Puppies He Rescued Overseas Home for the Holidays (and yes they are very cute)