Hello Fintech Friends,
Question for everyone here - what's the most novel fintech product or concept that you've seen in the last year?
Please find another week of fintech financing events below.
If you’re an early-stage startup founder raising equity or debt, we may be able to help - come check out our fund, The Fintech Fund (including a link to pitch us) and see our primer on how we make introductions to friendly VCs and debt providers.
Are you a fintech angel investor? Come join our syndicate.
Percent makes the $7T exclusive private credit market accessible, offering accredited investors high-yield, short-duration investment offerings — including small-business financing, venture debt, and consumer loan portfolios. Diversify your portfolio today with an asset class typically reserved for hedge funds and other institutional investors. TWIF readers can earn up to $500 on your first investment.
Want to sponsor a newsletter? See our sponsorship information here.
UK fintech investment saw a 65% decline in investment, to $9.6 billion.
💸 Venture Financing
- Satispay, an Italian provider of a payment network that bypasses banks, raised €320 million at a €1 billion valuation.
- Solfacil, a Brazilian photovoltaic systems lender, raised $100 million.
- 3Commas, an automated crypto trading platform, raised a $37 million Series B.
- Messari, which is building a ‘Bloomberg for crypto,’ raised a $35 million Series B.
- Perenna, a UK digital mortgage provider with a banking license, raised a $30 million Series A.
- Signzy, an Indian provider of digital banking infrastructure, raised Rs 210 Crore ($26 million).
- Shaype, an Australian banking-as-a-service provider, raised an A$33 million Series C.
- Toqio, a Spanish white-label digital finance SaaS platform, raised €20 million.
- Regate, a French white-label finance automation SaaS platform, raised a $20 million Series A.
- Inclined, which lends against whole life insurance policies, raised a $15 million Series A.
- Remofirst, a remote hiring and payroll startup for 150 countries, raised $14.1 million.
- Numida, a Ugandan small and medium business lender, raised a $12.3 million pre-Series A.
- Tactic, an accounting software startup for crypto, raised $11 million.
- Workist, a German platform for automated B2B transactions, raised €9 million.
- Krypton, a decentralized currency exchange, raised $7 million.
- Nova Credit, a cross-border credit history provider, raised $10 million from HSBC.
- Bridge Money, a lower-income bracket supplemental income app, raised a $5.8 million seed round.
- Quilo, a loan syndication network, raised a $5 million Series A.
- Centricity, an Indian B2B2C wealth tech platform, raised a $4 million pre-seed.
- VeriFast, a verification-as-a-service platform for financial analysis and decisionmaking, raised a $3.5 million seed round.
- Solvo, a mobile crypto investing app, raised $3.5 million in seed funding.
- Monnai, an infrastructure provided for consumer identity verification, raised a $3.15 million seed round.
- Yonder, a health, benefits, and payroll app for global employees, raised €2.6 million.
- Scout, a ‘fun and personalized’ investing platform, raised a $2.6 million seed round.
- SecondSTAX, a Ghanaian cross-border multi-asset stock investing platform, raised a $1.6 million pre-seed.
- Finteum, a UK trading platform that allows banks to borrow hourly liquidity, raised a £1.3million seed round.
- Frost, a UK e-wallet platform, raised £1.1 million.
- Fnality, an international bank-led consortium building a blockchain-based payment system, raised funding from Nomura.
- SMA Technologies, a provider of automation to financial services companies, raised strategic funding from private equity firm Thoma Bravo.
- Deribit, a crypto derivatives exchange, raised funds at a $400 million valuation - down from $2.1 billion in August 2021. But the valuation “is essentially irrelevant,” according to Deribit’s chief commercial officer.
💵 Debt Financing
- Latin American car buying and financing startup Kavak raised $810 million from HSBC, Santander, and Goldman by selling off its loan assets.
💰 Venture Funds
- Fasanara Capital raised a $350 million fund focused on the next-generation of fintech and Web3.
- Byld Ventures raised a $15 million fund focused on early-stage African fintech.
- Aviva invested $10 million into the Anthemis Female Innovators Lab Fund.