Hello Fintech Friends,
For anyone in Dubai, I’ll see you soon at our first UAE Fintech Meetup 👋
For everyone in the states, I hope you’re getting a chance to enjoy great food, family, sleeping in, some A+ football matchups, early NBA season, leftovers, seeing your old high school friends, the end-of-year work wind-down, and being outdoors before it gets too cold.
Please find another week of fintech financing events below.
Want to sponsor a newsletter? See our sponsorship information here.
If you’re an early-stage startup founder raising equity or debt, we may be able to help - come check out our fund, The Fintech Fund (including a link to pitch us) and see our primer on how we make introductions to friendly VCs and debt providers.
Are you a fintech angel investor? Come join our syndicate.
💸 Venture Financing
- Ant Group, the Chinese fintech payments conglomerate, raised $1.49 billion for its consumer finance unit.
- Prosper, a peer to peer lending platform, raised $75 million in growth capital.
- Symend, a credit and debt charge-off collections automation engine, raised $42 million.
- Cobee, a Spanish employment benefits superapp with spending card and payroll integrations, raised a €40 million Series B.
- Novo, a neobank for small businesses, raised a $35 million Series B extension at a $720 million valuation.
- Ramani, a Tanzanian financial services provider to consumer-packaged goods supply chains, raised a $32 million Series A debt/equity round.
- Taktile, a sandbox for fintech decision-making modules, raised a $20 million Series A.
- Atoa Payments, a UK open banking merchant payments startup, raised a $2.2 million pre-seed.
- Nine25, an Australian streaming salary and budgeting platform, raised an A$2.25 million crowdfunding round.
- Waivr, a real-time recurring payment processor, raised $1.4 million.
- Featurespace, which is building a privacy-enhancing artificial intelligence system to help banks and payments service providers detect financial crime, secured funding from the US and UK governments.
- WeLab, a Hong Kong-based consumer credit and payments platform, plans to raise funding at a $2 billion valuation.
- Ethic Adviser, a sustainable investing platform, is aiming to raise a $1 million seed round.
💵 Debt Financing
- B2B payments and lending company Balance raised a $350 million credit facility from Viola Credit to lend to businesses.
- UK-based asset management technology provider Fasanara Capital raised $200 million from a Canadian pension fund.
- Electric vehicle and home electrification loan provider Tenet raised a $25 million credit facility from NY Green Bank.